These courses are primarily knowledge based with a small practical element, intended for people who are seeking work in commercial forestry, amenity and/or utility arboriculture. This course will provide you with the opportunity to practice and update your skills and gain certification.
These courses aim to provide delegates with the base knowledge to understand the principles of best practice in operating woodchippers.
- Course introduction
- Risk Assessment
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Pre-use checks
- Safety features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Cutter and anvil checks
- Start machine and carry our safety checks
- Preparation of site, machine and materials
- Operation of Woodchipper
- Unblocking of Woodchipper
- End Use of woodchip
- Cleaning, transport and storage
This course will be held on a farm as centrally located as possible.
Duration – 1 day
Number of delegates – 4 – 6 people