During the course you will have the opportunity to take a fresh look at your role as a supervisor. You will gain confidence in the way in which you communicate with your team. You will learn how to make the right choices when managing other people. By the end of the course you will have an action plan for personal development as a supervisor.
Day 1 – The Supervisors Role
This session will focus on the way you approach tasks and how effectively you communicate them to your team. This might mean briefing your team, giving them clear instructions, or reporting back to management on progress. And how can you make sure that you are doing the right job at the right time?
- How to stay in control and do what’s important
- Assertiveness: how to be firm on issues, gentle on people
- Showing people how: conveying a message clearly
- Listening and questioning skills
Day 2 – Managing People
This session will help you to manage conflict and find fruitful compromises within your team. What can you do with a team member who has been failing to meet the standards you’ve set? How you can get management to listen to you when you make recommendations which you know are good for business.
- Dealing with conflict: awkward situations; awkward people
- Giving and receiving feedback
- How to make recommendations that people will listen to
- Working in a team