2 Day Lantra Course
- Course introduction
- Identify the necessary personal protective equipment required, report on its condition and locate the various standard marks.
- Identify required safety and health features on a chainsaw
- Prepare the chainsaw for use with correct fuel/oil mix and chain lubrication
- Start the chainsaw from both cold and hot in a safe manner.
- Carry out pre-cutting safety tests and state the procedures if the chainsaw fails these tests..
- State the possible hazards.risks when carrying out maintenance or operational tasks.
- Organise site safety and state the procedures required
- Identify faults and defects on a chainsaw and cutting equipment and decide which the operator can remedy and which requires a service engineer’s attention.
- Select and identify correct tools to enable maintenance to be carried out and report on their serviceability.
- Carry out all routine maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction book and/or the Lantra Awards workbook.
- Cross – cut timber accurately to required lengths.
- Assess and explain the terms “tension” and “compression” in timber.
- Adopt safe procedures to remove trapped guide bar.
- Handleand stack timber is a safe manner.
- Assessment by the instructor .
This course is a LANTRA AWARDS registered course – when candidate passes the assessment he/she will be awarded a certificate and a Lantra card with the course listed on the back.