To enable you to work effectively and achieve your goals by influencing others
Aims and Objectives:
You will be able to:
- Understand your preferred influencing style with its benefits and limitations
- Define clearly what you want to achieve
- Apply key influencing skills eg Listening exploration, finding common ground, being assertive appropriately
- Handle opposition more effectively
- Address a situation you face with more competence and confidence
- What is influencing?
- Who influences us and how do they do it?
- Characteristics which enable us to influence others
- The well-formed outcome
- Five different influencing styles
- Assessment of your “personal best”
- The push/pull approaches to influencing